Buying the best trolling motor for jon boat can be a daunting process. You don’t just want to buy crap and waste your money. Well, we’re here to make your life easier! Before making your next purchase, consider whether this is a product you would genuinely recommend to friends and family. With this article, we will provide you with detailed information about some of the best trolling motor for jon boat, as well as an extended and comprehensive buying guide.
It can be challenging to choose the best product when someone wants to buy it. Because there are a lot of options out there and, at times, it’s hard to tell if you’re picking the right one. That’s why we’ve put together this list of the top 10 best trolling motor for jon boat currently on the market. It doesn’t matter whether you are looking for expensive or budget-friendly top quality products to buy; there’s sure to be something for you here.
Top 10 Recommendations!
Top 10 best trolling motor for jon boat in 2022
- 【EFFICIENT POWER】- 45LB Thrust,This 12V electric trolling motor provides excellent power and efficiency for any boater. The High Quality Build Allows The Motor To Run All Day Long Without Overheating, the trolling motor runs stably with less noise and will not disturb the fish
- 【VARIABLE HANDLE】-Comes with 6" telescoping adjustable handle. You can use it as long or as short as you want. Also,comfortable handle, 5 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds is for you to take a smooth and easily control
- 【ADJUSTABLE DEPTH AND ANGLE】-Adjusting the shaft angle by press the button can adapt to different sailing conditions according to your surfing demands. Also, you can also adjust the depth of the machine in the water at will with a knob
- 【UNIQUE DESIGN】- PEXMOR Electric Trolling Motor is equiped with three bladed propeller, which can enhance motivation and effiency. Three sharp blades make it easy to get rid of seaweed. In addition, we have an additional two and three bladed propeller in the 36/45 and 55/86 thrusters respectively
- Efficient Power: 55Lb Thrust - This 12V Electric Trolling Motor Provides Excellent Power And Efficiency For Any Boater. The High Quality Build Allows The Motor To Run All Day Long Without Overheating, Or Making Noise To Spook Fish
- Features: This Motor Features A 30 Inch Shaft, A 5 Led Battery Meter, A 6 Inch Telescoping Tiller Handle, And 3 Blade Propeller. The Mount Angle, Height, And Direction Can All Be Adjusted And Locked Into Place When Needed
- Speed: This Motor Has 8 Speeds, 5 Forward And 3 Reverse. The Motor Is Designed For Trolling, So The Top Speed Of This Motor Is About 4Mph, But Depends On Your Boat Shape, Weight, Water, Wind, And Other Factors. Our 3 Blade Propeller Gives The Motor Great Low End Torque To Get The Boat Moving
- Battery: The Nv 55Lb Motor Requires One (1) 12V Lead-Acid Deep Cycle Or Lithium Deep Cycle Battery (Battery Not Included), 50Ah Recommended. The Motor Also Includes A 50Amp Circuit Breaker Which Is Recommended At All Times To Protect From Battery Voltage Surges. Max Amp Draw: 52A
- MORE MOUNTING OPTIONS: Fish from the bow like the Pros; An mounting bracket that converts transom mount trolling motors to bow mount; Fits most Jon or Utility boats with gunnels or toprails less than three inches wide and one inch deep
- PREMIUM DURABILITY: Constructed with stainless steel hardware and indestructible fiberglass reinforced nylon; Ergonomic hand-adjustable screw knobs
- FAST SET UP: Simple and seamless tool-free installation; Line up the lower bracket to the outside of the boat, screw clamps tight, and slide on the trolling motor
- UNIVERSAL FIT: Measures 9.5” L x 6.75” W x 9” H and weighs 6 lbs; EZ Mount lets you install your transom mount motor anywhere on the boat
- Lever Lock Bracket: This solid 10-position bracket features a quick-release lever lock and reinforced composite material that resists flexing, warping, and UV damage
- Telescoping Tiller: Get easy, comfortable, intuitive operation of your trolling motor with the six-inch telescoping tiller.
- 5 Fwd/3 Rev Speed Settings: Five speed settings for forward and three speed settings for reverse.
- Power Prop: For 3-1/4" motor diameters, this prop delivers extra power to push throw heavy vegetation. Includes prop pin, nut and washer.
- 36" Shaft, 12v, 40 lbs Thrust
- Endura is trusted worldwide as the most durable, reliable, hard-working transom-mount motor on the water. And Endura Max takes that legacy to a new level, adding Digital Maximizer to help the motor run up to five times longer on a single charge.
- Lever Lock Bracket: This solid 10-position bracket features a quick-release lever lock and reinforced composite material that resists flexing, warping, and UV damage
- Digital Maximizer: Provides up to 5 times longer run time on a single battery charge. These variable speed trolling motors let you dial in your exact speed, and they deliver only as much power as you need, helping to conserve your battery for a full day of fishing
- PERFECT SOLUTION - Trolling motors are known for lack of steering especially when the wind picks up, the water is choppy or you want to track in a straight line. Simply add a Bullnose Rudder which is designed to give you better control of your watercraft in most windy conditions, help hold a true course at most trolling speeds, and prevent the boat from spinning as much when the motor is off. Patent no. D712,341S
- FIT - The Bullnose Rudder is a boat rudder that fits a 1 1/8" (1.125") transom trolling motor shaft. Please note, it will NOT work on a self deploy bow mount trolling motor. It measures 10.5" high x 4.75" wide and fits a 1 1/8" shaft diameter. It's most commonly used for "but not limited to" minn kota trolling motor, motorguide trolling motors, newport vessel trolling motor, etc. Common tiny boats used are, inflatable pontoon, Pelican Bass Raider 10E, fishing kayak, canoes, jon boats, and more.
- ESSENTIAL - In most cases it helps hold a true course at both a slow and high trolling speeds. Customers have also said, “it prevents the boat from spinning as much when the motor is off”. Most tiny boats will benefit from having some kind of a rudder set up in the back vs not having a rudder at all. Only takes a few minutes to install and you are ready to go.
- QUALITY - Manufactured in the USA with high quality parts & material to help ensure you have a stress-free fishing experience. It is manufactured from impact plastic for durability and comes with stainless steel screws. It is built strong so you don't have to worry about it coming loose, allowing you to focus more on fishing. Patent no. D712,341S
- VARIABLE SPEED: Control the direction or speed of your boat with a touch of your foot with the variable speed foot control unit
- CORROSION FREE: All models are fitted with stainless steel propeller shafts, propellers and corrosion free composite shafts that flex on impact
- WEEDLESS DESIGN: The 3-blade propeller has a weedless design that can chew through the heaviest of underwater grasses and marsh
- THRUST: Features a 54-pound thrust while running on 12-volts of power and a 48-inch shaft
- Sturdy Material & Great Power： Trolling motor is made of all copper core, which make Boat motor durable and more effective energy saving than normal motor. All aluminum head can be adapted to saltwater, ensure good corrosion resistance. 55LBS trolling motor equipped with innovative and powerful 12V motor, providing excellent propulsion for various boats.
- Various Speed & Telescopic Handle： 5 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds 6-inch telescoping handle puts total control at your fingertips for a smooth and easily controlled ride. Moreover, the variable speed means the lower power consumption of the motor, increase battery life quite a bit at any speed.
- LED Battery Indicator & Three-Blade Propeller: 10 LED light indicator give you a big hint how much electricity is left. Please choose battery with 12V output to fit 55LBS motor (battery not included). Techdorm Electric Trolling Motor is equiped with three bladed propeller, which can enhance motivation and effiency even through underwater grass and marsh.
- Adjustable Angle and Depth: Adjusting the shaft angle by pressing the button can adapt to different sailing conditions according to your surfing demands. Also, you can adjust the depth of the motor in the water anytime with a knob.
- 45 pounds peak thrust rating with 12-volt power
- 45" composite shaft
- 5 speed with pull/pull smooth responsive steering control
- Corrosion Resistant Shaft
- STURDY & DURABLE - The rudder is made of 100% stainless steel and is equipped with stainless steel screws and jam nut to improve stability, rust and corrosion resistance. It is sturdy and durable to extend the service life and allowing you to focus more on fishing
- MORE CONTROL - Turns easily when steering and provides better control in wind and most weather conditions, decreasing the need for oars, it does help to keep your boat on course in the wind, and prevent the boat from spining as much when the motor is off
- UNIVERSAL MOUNT - Compatible with most electric trolling motors (24 to 55 thrust). Ideal for use as a canoe rudder, or a inflatable pontoon rudder, kayak rudder, or pelican bass raider 10E rudder. Please note, it will NOT work on a self deploy bow mount trolling motor
- EASY INSTALLATION - Complimentary socket wrench for easy installation, it takes only a few minutes to attach the rudder to the shaft of your small watercraft motor and can be mounted in an upright position on the front or back of the shaft. You may even mount it with the short end down (upside down) for shorter motors. A universal design for your needs
- Watersnake asp T24 electric trolling motor is the ultimate in lightweight portability weighing only 4.85 lbs (2.2kg). It's the ideal trolling motor to use on kayaks, canoes, small dinghies, and inflatable boats.
- Watersnake's simple, universal design keeps the weight down while delivering quality and performance on just about every kayak and canoe. Salt water motor with anti-corrosive paint and stainless steel external & internal parts allow you to take this motor into fresh, brackish and salt water without worry
- The adjustable transom mount fitting makes for easy attachment and has an anti-impact clip system. This easy to steer transom motor uses a hand tiller with an extendable handle, high and low-speed control, forward and reverse switch, and a two-blade mini weedless propeller.
- So many features! Adjustable transom mount fitting. Anti-impact clip system. High and low-speed control. Forward and reverse switch. Extendable hand tiller steering.
- Haswing 12v 20lbs Bow Mount Electric Trolling Motor's solid bracket features a quick-release lever lock and reinforced composite material that resists flexing, warping, and UV damage.
- Get hands-on control of your motor with our Tilt Twist Tiller. It's ergonomic grip provides easy, responsive control of speed and steering.
- Easy to forward and reverse.The Prop delivers extra power to push throw heavy vegetation. Includes prop pin, nut and washer.
- It only weights 5.06LBS. Lightweight and simple operation.
- AQUOS Haswing Cayman B (NOT GPS) 12V 55LBS 54inch Bow Mount Trolling Motor is designed and engineered to run quieter than ever before. With variable speed will let you dial in your desired speed and provide more precise, smoother adjustments plus improved control. Moreover the variable speed is the lower power consumption of the motor, it can increase battery life quite a bit at any speed. Also the trolling motor suitable for boats weighing up to 2750LBS, Max boat length (suggestion) 18ft.
- The remote control fits into the palm of your hand easily or can be attached around your neck with a lanyard. Conveniently control the motor on the boat or shore-side with the farthest 164 ft distance, meanwhile the remote can be recharged with a USB cable on power bank when necessary. Quick release bracket can help you to install/remove the motor easily. The 14.7 ft cable wired foot control, can not only release your hands when fishing but also provide precise, easy operation.
- Cruise control (NOT SPOT LOCK) keeps your boat at the desired speed by using remote control to press on the speed up or down button then you can focus on fishing all the way, but you might have to manually correct the direction from time to time due to wind or current, meanwhile you can adjust the speed when you need. And if you turn the motor 180 degrees of rotation and it will push the boat in reverse direction.
- AQUOS Haswing Cayman 55LBS 54inch shaft bow mount trolling motor can be set up both in fresh water and salt water, it is designed to have excellent corrosion resistance, using a sacrificial anode that protects important metal components. The 54-inch Aluminum Alloy Shaft (available 44.3 inch) makes it easy for different types boat, meantime please hold on the motor shaft before adjust motor depth to avoid slide.
- UNIVERSAL REPLACEMENT: A universal bracket that converts transom mount trolling motors to bow mount in minutes; Fits most Jon or Utility boats with gunnels or toprails less than three inches wide and one inch deep.
- STRONG & STURDY: Built to mount trolling motors up to 60 lb thrust; Indestructible fiberglass reinforced nylon; Ergonomic hand-adjustable screw knobs
- FAST & EASY SET UP: Installs quickly with a small hammer and punch to remove and replace pin; Spend less time assembling and more time fishing
- ULTIMATE VERSATILITY: A trolling motor mounting bracket with choices; EZ Mount 2 lets you install your transom mount motor anywhere on the boat
- 【STURDY MATERIAL】 - Reinforced nylon bracket ensures high strength, good ablative resistance and good dimensional stability. The glass fiber composite shaft ensures high tensile strength and corrosion resistance.
- 【THREE-BLADE PROPELLER】 - The unique design of Three-Blade propeller ensures smooth movement even through underwater grass and marsh.
- 【PORTABLE CONTROL】 - 5 forward speeds and 3 reverse speeds put total control at your fingertips for a smooth and easily controlled ride.
- 【10-POINT LED LIGHTS】 - 10 points LED lights battery indicator helps protect the batteries, it is convenient to observe how much electricity is left. The motor is sold without battery; please choose battery with 12V output to fit this motor.
Things to Consider Before Buying the best trolling motor for jon boat
There are pros and cons to both large and small trolling motor for jon boat. However, they lack the value-adding features that make them efficient, despite being handy, portable, and taking up little space. Larger trolling motor for jon boat have more efficiency features, but they are also costlier. Additionally, they take up more space.
The most important thing to look for when picking a trolling motor for jon boat is comfort. A trolling motor for jon boat level of comfort depends on the material it is made from and it is constructed. The material used should be reviewed and other users’ complaints should be investigated.
Before investing in a trolling motor for jon boat, you need to consider the price. Each product has a different price range. It is possible to find cheap trolling motor for jon boat as well as expensive ones. Therefore, you should check the price and compare it with the price of other products before you buy. The best trolling motor for jon boat for your budget will be one that suits your needs perfectly. Avoid buying the most expensive trolling motor for jon boat.
Brand plays a big part in choosing trolling motor for jon boat. Get a product from a reputable company if you want a good experience. I usually don’t recommend buying off-brand knock-offs. The best brand will provide you with a high standard of service. In the event that something goes wrong with your unit, you will receive great aftermarket support if you stick with a reputable company.
Always consider your budget when making a big purchase. A trolling motor for jon boat can be found at a variety of different price ranges depending on its capabilities. It might not be the best idea to get the most expensive model available. Having a fixed, reasonable spending limit will ensure you get the most out of your budget. Then, you can choose something within your budget range and avoid distractions. It is common to have buyer’s remorse if you purchase a unit that exceeds your budget, regardless of its quality.
Now, when you have a plan on what you want to buy, you should look out for the relevant reviews and buying guides. In that way, you will get all of the information you need to decide. Get to know those best trolling motor for jon boat and use them as soon as possible. Don’t be afraid to face any problems as they happen. If you find some negative reviews about a product, don’t simply ignore them. What is more, if you can fix them easily, then there is no problem with that. We hope that our article served its purpose in informing you about how to get the most out of your online shopping experience!